Thursday 7 August 2014

Dream of my Past

Closing my eyes
I fell of to sleep
into world of my dreams

Sunny and pleasant
the world was beautiful
but far across the horizon
I saw a wall - too high
that nothing beyond was visible

Walking towards it
A strong wind pushed me away
Future and present hand in hand,
pulling me back

Walking out the wall
into darkness and gloom
The air heavy and damp,
stench - a rotting corpse nearby

A hand waved,
barely visible in the fog
Heavy at heart,
never knew from grief or fear,
I walked

Closer I reached, clearer
she became
A weak excuse for a smile,
she could barely stand
Rotting away, however alive

Her hands rose to touch my cheek,
repulsed by my disgust,
she withdrew.
Tears swelled, I hugged her close.

A ray of sunlight broke through clouds
Spring around us spread
lush green oasis around us
Alive she became

Grabbing her by hand, I ran to the wall
to the place where we spend my past
in my dream world.

Unbreachable wall stopped me,
damning me in the gloomy world
as the spring around us withered
and myself rotting away

Tearfully, I bid adieu
as we parted our ways
One last kiss
The dream of my past

No comments:

Post a Comment